Cybersecurity governance is a fundamental element of any effective cybersecurity programme. What your organisation calls it doesn’t really matter. But what is important is that there is a top-level acknowledgement of the cybersecurity threat, an understanding of the organisation’s threat profile, and manifest a commitment to protect the organisation in line with that profile.
CRMG will help you get your cybersecurity governance approach right. Examples of activities we can help you with include:
- Determining your threat profile – including delivering top management briefings/workshops where appropriate – to ascertain the organisation’s risk appetite
- Performing high level and/or more detailed assessments of your current cybersecurity condition
- Identifying a set of prioritised risks that reflect your threat profile
- Writing or enhancing your cybersecurity policy to reflect both prioritised risks (and compliance obligations where required) and mitigating controls
- Ensuring your supplier management processes adequately address cybersecurity
- Alignment of your approach to cybersecurity management with recognised initiatives/standards, such as ‘Cyber Essentials’ and ISO 27001.
If you would like to discuss our Cyber Security Governance service, please contact us.
Basic Cybersecurity Hygiene: 5 inalienable truths